Regarding A Higher Calling…

I stand at the little church,
Beneath a benign arch.
The music gently beckons,
As I take a moment to quiet
My fluttering heart,
And wonder –
There is a higher calling;
Am I really prepared?

With bowed head, I
Wing a prayer heavenward,
And lift my eyes to see,
Beyond a sea
Of dear faces – encouraging, congratulating –
Yours, the dearest of them all.

He led me to you;
So clearly,
So beautifully.
And as I walk down this well-worn aisle,
He leads me again.

As we pledge our lives together,
Affirming words that are age-worn, yet
Beautiful in their simplicity,
I see your love mirrored in your eyes
And know that mine must reflect them too.
“My heart is stilled to perfect rest”
He is here;
With us.

There is a higher calling – true.
And that is the reason He brought us together.
With me beside you,
We are prepared.

Life stretches before us,
Filled with its own challenges.
And as I place my hand
In yours, I know
That the word He gave
Me, is true –
“Two are better than one”
- R. D.

Comments

roshynphina said…
nice nice, you are getting better at the 'writing poetry and expressing your thoughts more clearly' business!
Anonymous said…
R.D you rock!!!! it made me cry!
Anonymous said…
For once in my life, I have nothing to say. Luv, Niru
Anonymous said…
That is beautiful!!

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...