Regarding Those Awkward Moments...


Why am so I obsessed with this urge to jealously guard my boundaries? What crazy bee in my bonnet has so twisted my thought process that I can’t even see through my tangled skein of motives and desires leave alone unravel it!

Have you ever had that awkward moment when you step forth self-righteously to forcefully declare your “just and fair” views only to realise, after some pithy back and forth, that the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak! I swung back and let one fly, straight off the shoulder, only to have it boomerang and smack me in the face!

So having figured out (belatedly) that I am in the wrong, how do I feel? One word – awful! Apart from feeling like a worm, it’s humiliating to realise that I am a self-righteous prig! There’s a streak of sanctimoniousness that’s so deeply ingrained, I’ve mistaken it for righteousness!

UGH! Again...awful!

Stumbled across this line of verse yesterday and thought it was ironically apt –

“Happy are they that hear their detractions and can put them to mending.” *



* From Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

Regarding An Ordinary Day…