On Choosing To Live...

Sometimes God amazes me at the speed at which He answers my questions. And He doesn’t beat around the bush either!

I’d struggled with doubt and fear, completely inundated by a “confusion of heart”. And I wondered why I was unable to find any sort of victory in this area. So I asked my Father – where had I gone wrong? Had I disobeyed His will? His reply was instantaneous! (I think in all my doubting I’d been getting the wrong end of the stick! It was like He’d been waiting for me to come to my senses and start asking the right questions!)

“…you did not serve the Lord your God with joy and gladness of heart, for the abundance of everything…”*

These moments of blinding revelation seem to be getting quite frequent! I realised I had only myself to blame. I was allowing the Devil to rob me of the joy and gladness that was rightfully mine. Not being joyful was tantamount to saying, “I don’t trust You, God. I don’t think You know what You’re doing. So I choose to worry and doubt and fear.” Appalling thought! Especially since He’d said that He “…rejoiced over (me) to do (me) good…” **

Choosing to worry and doubt was ruining my life. Allowing my peace and joy to be stolen wasn’t very brilliant either! I was only missing out on all the goodness and blessing God had promised me. I was, in fact, disobeying Him.

So after that earth-shattering discovery (for me!), I read further and heard Him say, “See…I have set before you life and death…therefore choose life.” ***

My choice was obvious!

* Deuteronomy 28:47
** Deuteronomy 28:63
*** Deuteronomy 30:19

Comments

roshynphina said…
Glad you decided to choose life! I'm proud of you :D
Anonymous said…
Your post resonates with my journey. Many a times I worry and doubt if I am in the place where He wants me to be or if I have disobeyed His Will.. While I needed to rejoice in Him and rest in His unfailing promises.

May you always find victory God has put before you each of these battles ahead.

Love
Grace

Popular posts from this blog

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting…Again…

On Waiting...