On Seeing No End In Sight…

I feel a sense of déjà vu. I know the way forward – to a certain extent – and I want to move ahead, at my pace. Unfortunately not everyone around me is so obliging. So I find that I have to wait; be still and allow things to sort themselves out, rather than make a million plans and see none falling into place! Which is enough to make the most mild-mannered person want to pull their hair out in frustration!

Instead, I got my hair cut and styled!

But I digress. The point I’m belabouring is that my search of quietness is beginning to look like a trudge through an ever-lengthening tunnel! And this quest is turning me into a control-freak a.k.a Ms-Bossy-Two-Shoes! I got called that to my face a couple of nights back. And the worst part – I didn’t realise I was being “bossy”! Horrors!

Anyway, I asked MD, in a moment of panic (not related to the being-called-bossy-incident!) about how one ought to go about being still?

His reply was surprisingly simple.

“Every time you think about the next step, stop and pray. Tell Him that you’re not sure; that you want to do so many things, but more than all that, you want to trust Him. And then just thank Him.”

And then it struck me. David wrote several of the Psalms in a similar vein.

Hooray, I have company!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...