On Sliding Down The Slope…


“For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.” *

Story of my life!

In my search for discipline, I have climbed this slope several times. I used to be able to stick it for longer. Now, not so much. Disheartening thought!

I’m struggling against laziness, hopelessness and a desire to just sit at the bottom of the mountain and pitch a tent!

Did Paul feel the same way I wonder?

Wouldn't it be so much easier Lord (I rail mentally), if I could just be disciplined the minute I want to be - love unconditionally (without mentally stacking up all the wrongs I can think of!), trust You whole-heartedly (without hurrying to put one foot on the ground!), work creatively (every time I put pen to paper!), live contentedly (without comparing my life with everyone around me!), exercise regularly (without taking long breaks for whatever excuse!), and the list goes on…

I am a work in progress I agree, (and I sure hope You’re still working on me!), but help me up this slippery bit Lord, please!

*Romans 7:19

Comments

Unknown said…
Story of my life toooo... Thank God for the hope in Jesus!
freeze-dried said…
...and you've done a post every single day for the last ten days, R.D.P. That's a start, no?
inkhorn said…
@ Vineha: Truly - thank you Jesus!

@ freeze-dried: yup its a start :P thanks for the encouragement!

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...