On Blissful Realisations...


Faced by rock,
impregnable,
cold,
I claw and clamour,
wondering -
'Where do I
even begin looking
for hope?'

At the door,
are despair and anguish;
So I clutch
at straws -
'He has promised after all,
can it get worse?'
Finally, in desperation,
I clench
the Word,
staring blankly,
eyes
clouded,
by misery.

Until!
A phrase,
stands up and
shouts -
“...God is the strength of my heart...”*
- my heart
not 
body, 
mind, 
or 
spirit. 
(Though He is 
all that too!)

Just the salve,
my sore self
needed,
to ease the hurt
and pain.

Rest finally enfolds me
and peace enters -
He is “...the strength
of my heart
and
my portion forever.”*

Oh bliss!

                                    - R. D. P


* Based on Psalm 73:26

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ruth, you've got a way of getting into my head and staying there.
inkhorn said…
Aww...thanks Esther!

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Trying To Make Sense...

On Waiting...