For The Four Years Behind Us...

We have a bunch of stories –
four years worth –
some old, some new, some not
even that good!
But they all bear testament
to a life of wedded bliss!

There’s the time we took
a stroll on the beach;
and while I gazed romantically
at the moon,
you eyed a roasted corn cob
lovingly!
I always chuckle
at our vastly differing
priorities!

Then there was the time
you rummaged through
old bookshops along with me!
I’m not sure, what
pleased me more –
the horde
we collected that day, or
having you beside me
the whole way!

Remember our first fight?
Both on our high horses
refusing to give in – three days!
What pride, then!
Now, we barely manage to argue
for an hour,
if that long!
It’s too much a waste of time,
the silent treatment!

I can never forget
the time I was wretchedly ill;
you left everything to nurse me,
and you did it with such
panache!
I love you for that, my hero!

I’ve come to recognise
love – not in the
grand gestures (tho’ they do help too!),
but rather in the
everyday smallnesses,
heart-warming
and true.

Thank you, my love
for giving me – you!

                                                                                                 - R. D. P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Waiting...

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...