On Pottery…

A while back, I was looking at pictures of a potter making clay jars. The entire jar-making process is truly fascinating - the way a lump of clay is spun around on a crazily, careening wheel till it transforms into a beautifully shaped pot. Several times, the clay would be half-shaped, and then suddenly collapse, unable to bear the pressure. But faithfully the potter would gently prod and push till it was able to stand up again.

One thing that struck me was that the wheel never stops spinning until the jar is completely ready to be used. And, the most important fact, the potter’s hands never leave the clay.

My life seems like that – spinning out of control, with me, falling down painfully and learning lessons the hard way, unable to bear the load. But it is, especially, in times like these, that my Potter’s hands are always around me. And He will never leave me.

Jeremiah 18: 6 “…says the Lord ‘Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand’…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...