On Rocks And Foundations…

Ever wonder why Jesus applauded the man who built his house on the rock? (Yeah because it didn’t collapse like the other sandy one!) Bear with me as I muddle my way through this thought…

One thing that Jesus doesn’t seem to question, is the appalling number of natural disasters that hit the poor man’s house! “…the rain descended, the floods came and the winds blew and beat on that house…” A telling statement that. As a Christian the one thing we can confidently expect is “trials and tribulation”! Daunting and a tad depressing.

But the rest of that verse is the end of the matter, so to speak. “…(the) house…did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.”

Comments

Unknown said…
wow Rutha, I never looked at it this way before and now that I have, it makes so much sense. Thanks for this babe!!!

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...