On Roman Roads…

One thing about Roman roads – most sections of them are extraordinarily, ruler-straight! I mean, those Romans had a single-track mind (and I mean literally!). If they needed to get from Point A to Point B – they’d map out the straightest, most direct route and then build it. Quite focused really – if a river lay in the path of the road, a bridge would be built across it; if a mountain came in the way, either a tunnel would be dug out, or the road would go straight on – uphill and then down the other side!

God has a route planned for me. He says, “Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.” * So, I can rest assured it’s a straight road, as well!

One of the recurring themes God uses, to describe “impossible-to-possible” situations, is of the crooked places being made straight (Isaiah 40:4). Those old Romans had the right idea! God loves straight roads – no short cuts, no detours, no deviations. And He promises to help me. So mountains and rivers may come my way, but my Guide is behind me – all the way.

*Isaiah 30:21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...