On Being A Fool…

There was a moment of blinding revelation as the rose-tinted glasses were wrenched from my eyes and I saw myself for who I was. And with my next breath I started fervently hoping that God suffers fools gladly. Make that singular with a capital F and you have yours truly!

I find that I am not good at being led. I always want to be two steps ahead of God if not alongside Him. Which brings us to the inevitable result – me having to learn lessons the hard way with a bump and a crash.

As I painfully picked up the pieces, I saw an incongruous image in my mind – God pushing a wheelbarrow and I sitting in it, weeping copiously at just about every situation and circumstance. It would be quite funny if it weren’t so true! And then it struck me. I was facing the wrong way! Sitting and peering into the darkness and uncertainty was what led to the afore-mentioned moment-of-blinding-revelation! I needed to turn and face Him. After all, since He’s pushing the wheelbarrow, my peering ahead isn’t going to help Him in any way! However, if I keep my eyes on Him, I won’t find myself doing idiotic things (like thinking I know better, for one!)

So as I continue this highly adventurous wheelbarrow journey, I turn myself around and sit facing my Maker, and I find that He is all I need. I now realise that deep down, having Him is all I truly desire. And the words of this hymn echo my thoughts –

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Waiting...

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...