On Working On The Kinks…

I came across this verse the other day –

“As for me…I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.”*


And I thought to myself that I wanted this to be my prayer too. So I asked God that He make me more like Him. Which was when I began seeing the real me. And it is neither a pretty picture nor a comfortable process! The truth really hurts! Gaining novel insight into my character has been fairly distressing so far. I have found that I can be unbelievably daft, smug, judgemental, narrow-minded, selfish, depressive – well the list goes on, but its cathartic just listing these out! (Less painful than finding myself in a situation where “evil Ruth” suddenly comes to the fore and shocks the daylights out of everyone around!)

Anyway, as I was saying, these glaring faults of mine, which were suddenly thrust in my face, haven’t got me down. In fact, I’m rather pleased, because this is proof that He is working on me. We keep reading again and again that God corrects those He loves – I wouldn’t be worth wasting time on if He didn’t! Though these lessons are hard to learn, I’m just glad that I am being made to face my faults and iron out the kinks. And one day, I will reach my goal – His likeness.

* Psalm 17:15

Comments

JUDE RAO said…
YOur Blog sounds intersting... Im saving it so i can go thru it in my free time...

Keep it up...

Jude
Dubai.
UAE
Asia
World
Planet Earth
Solar System
Galaxy (Name not known)
Universe,
Kingdom of G-d.

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...