The Fight...

I sit and contemplate – we argued
You and I –
In silence, arguing still.
I am hurting and so
Are you;
But where did it all begin?
With some non-issue!

I silently stare ahead,
Studiously avoiding your eyes.
Thoughts flit into my mind –
I wonder if we could go back
To not loving –
‘Cause love and hope
Succour pain,
And sometimes tis better not to feel at all.
Sweet numbness,
Shroud me.
What blessed relief,
To stop fighting the inevitable!

Then! Before I can slide
Under a cold shell,
A ringing shout –
“Stop wallowing! Get UP! Fight!”
“Is that you Lord?”
Ask I, slightly confused!
Then light breaks –
We are one,
You and I.
So I fight – the numbness
And indifference
That creeps in so insidiously –
For us.

I steal a glance from
The corner of my eye,
And catch you stealing
A glance at me.
And I realise - oh glorious fact! –
We can never go back
To not loving!

- R.D.P

Comments

Anonymous said…
your words are so beautiful . Really .
inkhorn said…
Thank you Angela...

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...