On Walking...


It’s a very interesting experience – peering ahead into the darkness, not knowing how the road ahead is going to be – bumpy or smooth, filled with pot-holes, having adequate road signs and rest stops? (Yes, my questions are endless, but I’m thankful He hasn’t given up on me!)

Mary Gardiner Brainard said, “I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light.” After all my ruminating, my questions and my doubts, I’ve realised that I agree!

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end...
But I believe that the desire to please You does
In fact please You. And I hope I have that desire
In all that I am doing. I hope that I will never
Do anything apart from that desire. And I know
That if I do this, You will lead me by the right road
Though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust You always though I may
Seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for You are ever with me.
And You will never leave me to face my perils alone.

-          Thomas Merton

The bottom line is – He’s given me just enough light for the step I’m on; but I’m good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...