On Peace That Passes Understanding...


“Calm me, O Lord, as You stilled the storm,
Still me, O Lord, keep me from harm,
Let all the tumult within me cease,
Enfold me, Lord, in You peace.”

-          Celtic Traditional

So being confined to the bed with a broken ankle can be very illuminating in many aspects. In terms of experiencing enforced rest for one. Also being treated like a queen helps, no end! Apart from the usual cribbing and discomfort, the past four weeks have been fun too. (Yes, I did say ‘fun’ and I have not lost my marbles!) MD, long-sufferingly, has been waiting on me hand and foot and making me innumerable cups of tea! (Yes, he is a sweetheart and I love him very much!)

Apart from all that, it’s also given me time to just chill (to borrow from a young cousin’s vocabulary!) with God.

By no means have the winds died down. There are still times when I just want to throw it all up. But since I can’t walk off anywhere (literally!), it’s helped to put things in perspective.

It’s amazing to feel His peace enfold me....in the midst of the storm.

Comments

Unknown said…
"young cousin" makes you sound a million years old!!!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...