On Lifting My Eyes…

I always believed that Poetry inhabited the realm of the indecipherable, until, that is, I stumbled upon Ruth Bell Graham’s poems. Like a veil being pulled aside, my mind and soul were suddenly flooded with the wild imaginings, the tug of the heartstrings and the plethora of emotion that only poetry can unlock!

However many times you read the same lines, you can always take away something new from it. The words themselves reveal a life lived to the fullest; with insight that pierces straight to the core of your very being.

So in my quest to discern and describe the stage my soul is in, I unearthed a veritable gem of a tome. And here's a bite to chew on...

“I will lift up mine eyes
to the hills;”*
and when I fly
I will lift up my eyes
instead
to the sky;
it is the same
sure,
certain thing –
this quiet lifting up,
remembering…

I leave myself
awhile
to let my thoughts
explore
all He has made
and More;
returning
to my small load
at length,
calm,
reassured:
this
is my strength.
                                                                                   
                                                                                     - Ruth Bell Graham

* Psalm 121:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...