On Our Anniversary…

As we celebrate two years of togetherness, you’ve shown me that Love is very different from the books one reads or the movies one watches…

Love is…

…drawing a picture of Mickey Mouse and addressing it to your “darling wife”.
…finding me beautiful at six in the morning!
…waking me up with kisses
…yelling ‘Darling’ from the top of a hill in Hognekal when you couldn’t see me anywhere in the river below!
…not buying those awful red shoes! (yes, 'awful' not 'awesome'!)
…being so worried when I look a little sad
…not telling me to shut up when I begin my “Do-you-remembers” about our story for the hundredth time!
…telling me that you’d make sure you got to heaven ‘cause you weren’t going to let me spend eternity alone.
…singing ‘Layla’ off-key
…holding me close when I need it the most
…the look on your face which tells me more than words that you love me
…speaking Hindi with your cute Tamil accent!
…not being able to stay angry with each other even after a fight
…falling asleep only when you feel me beside you
…missing me when you’re alone…so much that you can’t sleep!
…naming me “Oops-woman” – the next biggest superhero!
...appreciating the beauty of a moonlit night...finally after two years!
…saying you may not know what I’m going to say but you know me – so even before I complete a question, you give the right answer!
…agreeing to watch Paranormal Activity with me (though you dislike “scary” movies) cause I didn’t want to watch it alone!
…taking me for a walk and sharing your thoughts, feelings and ideas with me
…killing romantic “moments” with so much joy!
…THEN surprising me with a bouquet of red roses on Valentine’s Day…this after voicing your views loudly about V day being a marketing gimmick!
…pulling me close and whispering that I am perfect for you

…for all that and more….thank you darling…


Disclaimer: This post is unapologetically sentimental and mushy. All I can say is – it’s an anniversary gift to my husband!

Comments

Geetu said…
How sweet!! So happy that you have the love of your life :) God sure does answer prayers!
Anonymous said…
Oh!. wats the story behind the oops woman... can we know ??? :)
inkhorn said…
@ Geetu: Yup God answers them...more than you can ask or imagine! :)

@ Angela: Lol...shall send you an email with the details!

Popular posts from this blog

On Waiting…Again…

On Father’s Day...Belatedly...

On Waiting...